Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Trying My Hand at Home Brew; or, Barkeep, Mead!

So I've decided to make my own Mead. For those of you unfamiliar with the substance, Mead is an old fashioned honey wine. It's the oldest fermented beverage, and it something of a rarity this day and age. Oh sure, you can find it if you want to look hard enough (or just go here and click the search option), but I wanted to try my hand at it. So, after looking around for a reciepe online, I traveled to the local home brew shop (Diversions in downtown TC) and picked up the needed supplies. Mead is a very simple concoction to make. It's essentially honey, water, and yeast. I added some cloves, cinnomon and lemon for flavor as well. As we speak, the yeast is in it, working it's magic. I'll report back on the mead's progress as it develops.

In other news, there is no other news. Nothing new to report really. Spent most of the weekend just hanging out with Dubbya, and doing very little. Well, except for the mead making, that was an accomplishment I suppose.

Halloween fast approaches, and I really need to put the finishing touches on my costume. It's probably about 80% done right now, but needs some touches to make it complete. So, that's now my focus, as well as the radio show, and filmic ventures.

On the topic of the radio show, I am attempting something new. I have moved to tuesday nights, from 11pm to 2am. I am in the process of convincing the station manager (a wise and sage like man, I should add) into letting me bring Patrick and Joe in to the mix, and make it a mixture of standard college rock radio, and late night talk radio. I don't think the three of us would have much trouble coming up with topics to discuss, and we would incorperate emails and calls from our audience (all 6 of them, including you Jacob). So, if you are reading this blog, tell me, would you listen to a show of three guys, riffing and playing music once a week? And if so, would you tell your friends and get us more listeners? Let me know, spread the word, help us make it happen.

OK, I'm off to watch some more television/movies on my dad's big screen (housesitting is fun!) I'll check back with mead updates, as well as other updates as they develop.

No comments: