Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Valets, River Monsters, WWII, Oh My!; or, The Film Fest So Far

I had hoped that maybe I would be able to post somewhat during the Film Fest, alas, it was not to be. It's just been a whirlwind, coupled with little sleep. And I wouldn't trade it. It has been a fun festival. Monday was the volunteer free screening of the French comedy "The Valet". It was cute. Not laugh out loud funny, but some good moments. Yesterday I watched "Slaughterhouse 5" based on the Kurt Vonnegut book. I haven't read the book (but I plan to), but I enjoyed the movie immensely. Very good stuff. And last night, "The Host", a Korean monster movie. Highly entertaining fair. Tonight is the New Zealand vampire sheep movie "Black Sheep". Yes, vampire sheep. 'Nuff said.

Sadly, I was not able to make it to "Uncensored Borat and Beyond". My schedule just did not allow it. But, I did find out the Michael is planning to produce his next film here in TC. Not shoot it here, but do the production on it. And will be looking for local people to crew. So yeah, I'll be working to get that to happen for myself, as well as the rest of the JTown crew.

For those of you interested in photos of the festival, Clint has had his camera all week, so I will endeavor to get some of those pics from him, and get them up online soon. I do not have a camera of my own, or I would have them for you already.

Now, I must nap before my shift. Tonight will probably by my 3rd 4am night out of the last 4, and tomorrow promises to be similar. Homey needs his sleep

1 comment:

Wardo said...

A true labor of love. Have a good time at the film fest!